This scrap is a simple, healthy and quick recipe – perfect for breakfast on the go or a post-workout snack especially if you add a scoop of protein powder.
Ingredients: (makes 6 large squares) 1 & 1/2 cup of rolled oats 1/2 cup of raisins Heaped tablespoon of peanut butter 1 cup almond milk 2 tablespoon of honey 1 Apple 3 tablespoon of Coconut oil Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Dice an apple into small pieces and place into a mixing bowl. Mash the fruit with the back of a spoon.
- Add the rolled porridge oats, honey, milk and raisins.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and a heaped spoon of peanut butter.
- Mix well so that none of the oats remain dry.
- Place the mixture into a greased oven tray. Flatten flapjack mixture so that it evenly distributed and around 2cm thick.
- Melt down coconut oil and pour over the flapjack mixture in the tray.
- Place tray into the oven for 20-30mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares whilst still warm from baking (it will be easier)
- Leave to cool and serve with one last drizzle of honey.
Note: add vanilla whey powder to the mixture to boost protein intake! But remember to increase the milk by another cup full to compensate the extra dry ingredient.
This recipe is very versatile. So try mixing it up at bit with pitted punes or dates too.
I’m not going to lie. This doesn’t taste better than the buttery, sugary flapjack we know & love but it’s a tasty and guilt free treat, packed with protein and healthy fats.
Give it a go